Saturday, January 16, 2010

lets get it started.....

So this past week was my first week of gateway, the training program for mercy ships. This week we  did  basic safety training which includes cpr, first aid, fire safety and a water safety practical.  we learned alot and had a lot of fun... the fire part was a little scary but we did it in pairs so that made a big difference. During the pool pratical we had to get into immersion suits and get into, out of and flip a life raft that was really fun!!! im living in what is called the family dorm with 7 other women and 7 guys. i have 3 roommates melissa from philly, dulce from honduras and joanne from oregon. The living situation is really fun there is always someone around  to hang out with and since we spend at least 18 hours of each day together its like we've know each other for much longer than one week! Next week we start the more bibical training and im excited to see how God streches me in ways ive never even imagined ...i know that this whole adventure is going to be such a learning experience and im so excited to see where it takes me! Currently i am commited to work with Mercy Ships for one year and after that  i have no idea what God has in store and im so excited to find out!!
Some prayer request * thats God would keep me complety foucsed on him, its very easy to become distracted and i want to get everything that God wants me to get out of this.
* That God would speak to me diretly about what he would have me do on our field service to benin , i want to be a blessing to the people we interact with.and  that he will soften the hearts of the people that we will  come in contact with.

Thanks for reading this and ill try my best to keep you guys updated on whats going on...ive never blogged before so this kinda strange to me but ill get used to it! maybe the next one will have some photos i still havent quite figured out that part!

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck Shannon! I know you get everything out of this you hope too. Keep us posted as we learn about Mercy Ships and the good they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. It will be nice for you to keep a running weB LOG of your experience of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shenanigans,
    Are as suprised as I am.I am a blogger. Your blog is well written. I think you are already a blessing to the poeple you interact with. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only write how proud I am to know you. I will try to keep up with you and your blog. May this trip enlighten you. GOD bless-Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi shann, I was just checking to see if you up date yet love mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying all is going well for u miss u alot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep you all in my prayers. Keep up the good work! Love the pics
    Toni (UMH)

    ReplyDelete