Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23, 2010

So this morning was one of those mornings when you just really don't want to get out of bed...you know the kind where you hit snooze 3 times then can't finish your breakfast and spill your coffee because your running late. Luckily that did not set the pace for the rest of the day... i finally finished my coffee and was able to have things running fairly smoothly at the hospitality center when it was time for the Cataract surgery patients from yesterday to have their eye patches removed.  On a typical day i am busy with paper work so, i do not see the patches removed but today i was able to be involved.  As i  went along physically removing the patches from their eyes  two of the last three instantly had a major improvement in their vision.. now the others probably had some improvement but these two ladies were so expressive and over joyed with having their vision back..i wish i had a picture or video to show you but i don't and im not even sure know  if  they could catch the emotions and expressions of these women. it was really the most amazing thing ever! Ive finally had my moment where i realized this is why i am here...I am here to help people see physically and pray that they will  "see" spiritually by showing them God's Love and Amazing Power!

now you would think that would be enough to make my day awesome and it definitely would have been But it gets way better!


One of the day volunteers that i work with name is Cyrill, he is a local pastor. He is a hard worker and prays with our patients through out the day. I typically have random conversations with him but today i was deep in thought about home, maybe even missing it a bit...Sniff sniff. But out of the blue, i would even say randomly but i know that there was nothing random about this He asked "what is the name of your church in the west? I would like to pray for it."( we've never talked about my church before)  Now if you go to my church you understand why this is so amazing, the nations are standing together in prayer, united as one! how awesome is that! i hope this excites you as much as it did me! This is God using everyone, just know as you pray for us here, we are praying for you back home! Please join us in praying for churches around the world!



Just another little tid bit on Friday i will have been on the ship for a month! I truly cannot believe how fast time is flying! im loving it!! please continue to keep me in your prayers as i continue to seek God's will for my future!
Love
shannon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading your blogs. I will continue to pray for you and your journey. May God continue to guide you.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete